In 1909, the Standing Committee of the Public School Lodges was founded by the Lodges of
Westminster, Charterhouse, Cheltenham, Sherborne and Clifton to promote and
disseminate Public School Freemasonry. The title of Public School Lodges'
Council was adopted in 1936. There are 33 Lodges represented on the Council
(including a Lodge for Installed Masters), with Royal Arch Chapters associated
with Charterhouse, Sherborne, Merchant Taylors' and Taunton. The Public Schools
Royal Arch Chapter is attached to Westminster. The Council has two funds at
its disposal: the Benevolent Fund and the Scholarship Fund. During the past
five years, approximately £11,500 has been distributed for charitable purposes
from these funds.
See for details of Festival hosted by Christ's Hospital Lodge No 2650
at Christ's Hospital, Horsham, West Sussex on Saturday 4th June 2016.